[Webtest] (no subject)

Carsten Seibert seibert@acm.org
Thu, 28 Feb 2002 18:40:57 +0100

Hi there

I've added some new features to the latest build of WebTest (171). WebTest
is now able to support checkboxes properly. You'll find a new <setcheckbox>
and <verifycheckbox> test step for that purpose.

Here is a short example:

<testSpec name="Choose all desired pizza toppings by checking them">
	<config ... />
	<steps>
		<invoke ... />
			<setcheckbox stepid="Select the cheese option"
				name="Cheese"
				checked="true" />

			<clickbutton stepid="Submit the selected options"
				label="Order it" />

		      <verifycheckbox
            		stepid="Verify that option is not selected"
		            name="anchovis"
            		checked="false"/>
	</steps>
</testSpec>

The new steps will also work with checkboxes that have all the same name but
different values. Thanks to Sandro for pointing me to that "interesting"
behaviour.

The documention is updated accordingly and more examples are available in
WebTest's selfTestImpl.xml which is located in the samples directory of the
distribution.

Ciao,
Carsten

Carsten Seibert