[Webtest] BUG? Exception in JTidy

Ugo Cei webtest@gate.canoo.com
Mon, 04 Mar 2002 10:22:45 +0100

Dierk Konig wrote:
> Hi Ugo,
>
> you are right that this is a jtidy parsing issue. The question remains
> whether jtidy or the html is the problem.
>
> Have you tried to validate the document e.g. by
> http://validator.w3.org/file-upload.html?

The document is positively invalid ;-). I was under the impression that
JTidy could work also with invalid documents.

> I'm not sure about the HTML version, for the code does not state it
> explicitely.
>
> Try to separate the test for "h2" from the test for "td" to get closer to
> the defect.

I get the defect using either one of the two tests.

> If it's "td" try to use verifyelement with a nested TableLocator. The
> validator will take issue with the "name" attribute of the td. You can use
> "id" instead. That is valid html4.01 and webtest deals with both.

The tablelocator feature escaped me while reading the docs :). I will
surely try it.

	Ugo
Phone: +39.0382.525100 - E-mail: u.cei@cbim.it