[Webtest] intallation help!

Carsten Seibert seibert@acm.org
Tue, 12 Mar 2002 14:08:35 +0100

Hi David,

well, in order to use WebTest as is you don't need cruise control at all.
This is used by us as development tool to support our internal process of
continuos integration. And even if you would like to extend WebTest this can
be done with (almost) every IDE. There is no need to have cruise control up
and running.

Have you had a look at http://webtest.canoo.com/webtest/manual/install.html
? It describes the minimal steps required to get WebTest up and running. We
provide a small test script that verifies the WebTest installation. Have you
tried that?

There is no need to download and install the sources except if you would
like to do development on WebTest. Just the ant distribution and WebTest's
build and doc zip files should do it. WebTest comes with all required jars
so there is no need to install httpUnit, JTidy, etc. separately

If you still have problems, please let us know what exactly does not work
and what kind of message you get and we'll be happy to assist you.

Ciao,
Carsten

Carsten Seibert
seiberTEC GmbH Switzerland