[Webtest] blanks in button label

Arrizza, John webtest@lists.canoo.com
Mon, 25 Mar 2002 15:46:15 -0500

I just wanted to confirm what I'm seeing is correct behaviour:

Here's the HTML:
<HTML>
<BODY>
    <form method="get" action="page2.html" id=form1 name=form1>
        <input name="sEmail" size=30 maxlength=75 ><br/>
        <input type=password name="sPassword" size=12 maxlength=20 ><br/>
        <input type="submit" value="  Enter  ">
    </form>
</BODY>
</HTML>

Note the two blanks before and after the submit button "Enter".

The WebTest step is:
    <clickbutton stepid="login click"
           label=" Enter " />

Note the single blanks before and after the label "Enter".

It seems that multiple leading or trailing blanks are converted into a
single blank. Is this correct behaviour?

John