[Webtest] Using XPaths to Store Dynamic Properties

Walter Rumsby webtest@lists.canoo.com
Mon, 28 Oct 2002 21:04:17 -0500

Hi,

I downloaded build 240 the other day and have been using it to run tests against the application I'm working on. WebTest seems very useful.

However, I'm not a big fan of the storeregexp step and so I wrote an alternative step called storexpath that uses an XPath instead of a regular expression to store a dynamic property.

Details and code are here (also see a discussion of why storeregexp may run into problems if you're using xslt to generate pages):

http://members.optusnet.com.au/~wrumsby/examples/

I hope this is of use to other people out there and maybe finds it's way into a future build of WebTest.

-Walter

--
wrumsby@netscape.net
http://members.optusnet.com.au/~wrumsby/