[Webtest] sorry for the traffic

Dierk Koenig webtest@lists.canoo.com
Mon, 11 Nov 2002 14:08:13 +0100

Hiall,

I'm sorry for the traffic that I generated
for the buildmasters.

I tried to solve a CruiseControl specific
problem: compiler errors were not displayed on
on the webpage.

This had 2 reasons: First, when starting the
cruisecontrol process from the inittab, the
environment was not setup correctly, such that
javac output to stdout/stderr was not logged.
Second, the xsl only looked for "javac" in
lowercase, although the case of the log entry
depends on the case of javac task in the
ant script.

We needed some broken builds to make this
behaviour visible. - Sorry for that.

While things seem to work fine now, there
are still some issues to improve:
- consistent and nicer formatting of errors
- xslt refactoring to generally solve
  upper-/lowercase issues
- inconsistent build numbers in
  cruisecontrol and distribution site.

cheers
Mittie

P.S. Thanx to Martin Huber for his help.