[Webtest] evaluating webtest and pull-down boxes

Cibby J Alexander webtest@lists.canoo.com
Thu, 14 Nov 2002 00:06:19 -0500

Hi:

I'm in the process of evaluating Webtest against commercially available,
record/play testing tools (e.g. iOpus Internet macros). I found the Webtest
white paper pretty convincing, and the price is right, but I'm wondering
how much tinkering I may need to do in an unfamiliar langauge like XML to
get Webtest to perform as I need. My project is demanding enough already.

I noticed that people have come up with their own rules or steps to
validate things like radio buttons. The simple form I'm testing uses
pull-down (combo?) boxes have either a blank or known default entry.

Has anyone successfully used the existing Webtest syntax to verify if a
field has been changed by a pull-down box action? Can someone comment on
this possibility?

Cheers,

Cibby Jacob Alexander
Software Design '03