[Webtest] Clickbutton and input type="button"

Simon Brown webtest@lists.canoo.com
Wed, 09 Apr 2003 12:54:45 +0200

Hi all.

I'm using build 276, the latest, but the clickbutton step doesn't seem to
work with input fields of type "button". It gives an error along these lines:

'Test step clickbutton named "click New Document button" failed with
message "Button with name <newdoc> and value <<not specified>> not found!"'

Changing the input type to "submit" causes the step to work, but (of
course) does a form submit rather than executing the button's onClick event.

Am I doing something wrong, or is there a problem in the clickbutton step?

Cheers,

Simes.

--
Simon Brown <simes@simes.org>

"He's saying it's just a cake, sir."
"We can't take that chance. Order full orbital response."