[Webtest] session duration

Healey, Thomas webtest@lists.canoo.com
Tue, 15 Apr 2003 14:22:38 -0400

What I have observed is that the session is maintained. We are using
Jrun and I am able to log in and do a bunch of secured operations using
multiple invokes under the testspec. I would wonder if your problem may
be that the one that I have found, that is unless I use regex =3D true =
for
the verifytitle tag, the test fails. I also would wonder if the
/authentication/login.jsp is another app server or is it a context under
the base url of the app server? If you are going to a different context
root in the app server that knows nothing of the session id of the
/authentication context that could be your problem. I only know all my
operations are done from a single application context.=20

Tom

-----Original Message-----
From: webtest-admin@lists.canoo.com
[mailto:webtest-admin@lists.canoo.com] On Behalf Of Willie Vu
Sent: Tuesday, April 15, 2003 12:36 PM
To: webtest@gate.canoo.com
Subject: [Webtest] session duration

I've a scenario like this:

1. <invoke> to go to a secured page (e.g.
/some-context/secure/index.jsp) that is protected by a servlet filter.
2. the filter redirects the request to a login page that resides in
another context path (say, /authentication/login.jsp) 3. <setinputfield>
to set username and password.  Then, <clickbutton> to submit the login
request. 4. <invoke> to go the same secured page again 5. <verifytitle>
to check title of the secured page.

The problem is, the <verifytitle> failed because <invoke> redirects the
request back to the login jsp.  It looks like the login is never done.

My question is, is a session being maintained throughout a testSpec?  Or
is a new session created for every <invoke>?

Thanks.

--
Willie Vu