[Webtest] New step: "sleep"

John Willemin webtest@lists.canoo.com
Fri, 02 May 2003 17:11:43 -0400

>John,
>
>This is very nice, and I think it is a very nice example of how to extend
>canoo webtest.
>
>Alternatively, I think there might be a way to have the TestSpec inherit
>the Ant "sleep" task.  This would be nice.
>
>Unfortunately I am not sure exactly how to inherit the core tasks.  I will
>start looking, but if anyone else knows I would appreciate the help.

Oh yeah... I had forgotten there was a core sleep task.

The advantage to this though, is that it fits into the framework with
stepid's and such. So as your test is progressing you can see the right
output (I usually run the tests in -verbose mode). But if it makes more
sense to write a wrapper around the ant one so that it could be a Step, I'd
be happy to do that too.

And if anyone can come up with things to unit test I'm all ears. The only
thing that leaps out to me is what to do if the sleepTime is set to
something that isn't parseable by parseInt.

John