[Webtest] Re: New step: "sleep"

John Willemin webtest@lists.canoo.com
Mon, 05 May 2003 12:38:20 -0400

>This is a function I need, too.  We have an indexing routine that only
>fires once a minute, so I can't test it without something like this sleep
>function.  I was thinking of just using the core sleep routine, but having
>something integrated as a step would be very helpful.  Another useful
>extension would be some kind of "wait" step, which would keep trying a set
>of tests until either all succeed or until a timer runs out.  E.g.,
>something like
>       <wait waitTime="60" sleepTime="5">
>             <invoke ...>
>             <verifyxpath ...>
>       </wait>

So what needs to happen to get this integrated into Canoo proper?

And if you could describe your above example in more detail, I'd be
interested. For our purposes we basically need a "while" tag, which I was
also considering writing and submitting. But looking at some old list
email, it looks like if/else tags got shot down on the grounds that they
shouldn't be necessary in tests. I don't totally understand that :)

John