[Webtest] Fix for 2 successive <followframe ..>

Scot Hale webtest@lists.canoo.com
Wed, 21 May 2003 00:42:09 -0700

Hello all,

I have been doing a little research into the possibility of having Jakarta
adopt something like Canoo Webtest.  I think that this would solve some of
the problems we are having in regards to fixing small bugs and problems as
well as providing an avenue for enhancements.

Basically what Jakarta would need from us, the users and supporting
developers of webtest, would be at least three dedicated developers and an
active interest group.  I think we have this.

Although the complicating factor is that Webtest is just an Anttask that
uses HttpUnit.  I am not sure if the two projects would have to be married
to be accepted.  I asked the author of HttpUnit and this was his response to
me

> Canoo is thinking about donating there Ant Task to Jakarta.  That
> leads to my question for you.  Is there any thoughts of donating your
> project to a group outside SourceForge?

I haven't considered it recently. The biggest problem, I think, is that
all the users would have to manage a package migration from
com.meterware. to something else.  That doesn't mean that it won't
happen; just that it is not under active consideration.
                                    -Russel Gold

Also the author of Canoo Webtest had a positive response to the idea [just
webtest being donated].

I guess the next step is just to ask the jakarta general mailing list what
they think.  Is there anything else I should consider at this point?  Would
anyone be willing to be an active maintainer and developer for this project?