[Webtest] How about using a Bug Tracking tool such as bugzill a? Typo in SimpleTest.xml sample

Bill Milbratz webtest@lists.canoo.com
Wed, 21 May 2003 08:10:28 -0500

------=_NextPartTM-000-6e168305-ffed-484f-adf7-9ef8090ddbd6

------_=_NextPart_001_01C31F9A.59A954C0

I spent an hour+ on this very error, corrected it locally, but forgot to
submit it to the mailing list. Thanks.

-----Original Message-----
From: Ralf Hauser [mailto:ralfhauser@gmx.ch]
Sent: Wednesday, May 21, 2003 7:58 AM
To: webtest@lists.canoo.com
Subject: [Webtest] How about using a Bug Tracking tool such as bugzilla?
Typo in SimpleTest.xml sample

Hi,

Just being an novice to WebTest, I am running into the problem described in
http://webtest.canoo.com/webtest/manual/troubleshooting.html#2

This happens because I naively just copied the SimpleTest.xml sample from
http://webtest.canoo.com/webtest/manual/samples.html where the
fileset includes says "/lib/*.jar" instead of "lib/*.jar"

I am kind of embarrassed to send this minuscule thing as my first message to
the entire list, but in absence of bugzilla or alike, I was recommended to
do it this way by a Canoo employee.

Anyway, it would be great if the example could be updated such that less
novices fall into this trap when trying their "hello world" test ...

Regards Ralf

------_=_NextPart_001_01C31F9A.59A954C0

<HTML>
<HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
5.5.2653.12">
<TITLE>RE: [Webtest] How about using a Bug Tracking tool such as =
bugzilla?  Typo in SimpleTest.xml sample</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>I spent an hour+ on this very error, corrected it =
locally, but forgot to submit it to the mailing list. Thanks.</FONT>
</P>

<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>From: Ralf Hauser [<A =
HREF=3D"mailto:ralfhauser@gmx.ch">mailto:ralfhauser@gmx.ch</A>]</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>Sent: Wednesday, May 21, 2003 7:58 AM</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>To: webtest@lists.canoo.com</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>Subject: [Webtest] How about using a Bug Tracking =
tool such as bugzilla?</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>Typo in SimpleTest.xml sample</FONT>
</P>
<BR>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>Hi,</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>Just being an novice to WebTest, I am running into =
the problem described in</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2><A =
HREF=3D"http://webtest.canoo.com/webtest/manual/troubleshooting.html#2" =
TARGET=3D"_blank">http://webtest.canoo.com/webtest/manual/troubleshootin=
g.html#2</A></FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>This happens because I naively just copied the =
SimpleTest.xml sample from</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2><A =
HREF=3D"http://webtest.canoo.com/webtest/manual/samples.html" =
TARGET=3D"_blank">http://webtest.canoo.com/webtest/manual/samples.html</=
A> where the</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>fileset includes says &quot;/lib/*.jar&quot; instead =
of &quot;lib/*.jar&quot;</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>I am kind of embarrassed to send this minuscule thing =
as my first message to</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>the entire list, but in absence of bugzilla or =
alike, I was recommended to</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>do it this way by a Canoo employee.</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>Anyway, it would be great if the example could be =
updated such that less</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>novices fall into this trap when trying their =
&quot;hello world&quot; test ...</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>Regards Ralf</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT =
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>WebTest mailing list</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>WebTest@lists.canoo.com</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2><A =
HREF=3D"http://lists.canoo.com/mailman/listinfo/webtest" =