[Webtest] Collaboration - was: Fix for 2 successive <followframe ..>

Torben Tretau webtest@lists.canoo.com
22 May 2003 11:39:33 +0200

Hi,

i do totally agree that a split off like "openwebtest" or something like
that is really not a solution.

I also do understand the problem of including fixes fast into the
distribution. But isn't that the same, when having hosted this project
by a system like sourceforge? Those projects have restrictions for
receiving write access to the repository too.. And so they perform a
similar work-flow like here..

My situation some months ago was nearly the same. My implementation of
the followframe step. After some postings to the mailing-list, replies
and hints (for adding the needed tests) from Dierk, the step was added
and I received write-access to the repository. To handle it like that is
a nice solution that works in most projects like cruise-control for
example.. (See cruisecontrol doc for that)

Problems right now are perhaps that Canoo founders and maintainers are
not active enough to look at patches, answer messages very fast. (But
this is a temporary problem I think.)
And there is no howto or any documentation about delivering successfull
patches, perhaps helping to make it easier..

So the solution should really be to improve collaboration. For the missing
howto: for me it worked to read the mailing-list archive..

Ok, that was just a short presentation from my point of view..

Torben