[Webtest] RE: webunit version of Canoo WebTest

Scot Hale webtest@lists.canoo.com
Tue, 17 Jun 2003 17:38:00 -0700

I am not intimately familar with the code, but I think that the HttpUnit
integration piece of Canoo-Webtest is it's core.  So it would end up being
more of a port to Webunit than a plugin.  I am not sure though.

Either way, you will have to find someone with the time to do it :\

Scot Hale

----Original Message Follows----
From: "Brian Knorr" <btk@nextjet.com>
To: <webtest@lists.canoo.com>
Subject: RE: [Webtest] RE: webunit version of Canoo WebTest
Date: Tue, 17 Jun 2003 16:12:31 -0500

Our team works on unix too... the only limitation is that the scripts
must execute on Windows.

Another thing to consider is that all the browsers implement javascript
differently... this is why we went away from httpunit and htmlunit.  We
found that our test scripts would pass, but manually through the browser
they would fail.  Also our apps use a lot of dhtml for usability
purposes, and httpunit and htmlunit are far from supporting anything
close to this.

Also I am not suggesting that we replace httpunit with webunit, rather I
was thinking a plugin would be great for those who would like to test
through the actual browser.  Thoughts?

Thanks,

Brian