[Webtest] Javascript Support

Brandon Moore webtest@lists.canoo.com
Thu, 26 Jun 2003 10:58:45 -0500

The Canoo webpage claims Javascript isn't supported.
(at least the page at http://webtest.canoo.com/webtest/manual/install.html
maybe there is another?)
HttpUnit does Javascript, so shouldn't canoo just inherit supprt? I know the
onSubmit action on a
form is processed correctly, so I'm wondering if those warnings are out of
date? On the other hand,
it looks like the code for clicklink ignores the onClick attribute (if it
used click() instead of getRequest()
it would hit the javascript).

How well is Javascript supported in canoo? Is there any place I could get
accurate information about
what works without looking through the source?

On a related topic, is there any way to set hidden fields of a form without
extending canoo? The
setinput step can't find the hidden field. If it could, I think httpunit's
parameter validation would
complain (HttpUnitOptions.setParameterValuesVallidated controls this). I
wrote a "setHiddenField"
task that uses the form.getScriptableObject().setProperty("field","value")
idiom, but I'm wondering
if there is a better way.

Thanks
Brandon