[Webtest] some problems getting started

Dierk Koenig webtest@lists.canoo.com
Fri, 4 Jul 2003 17:47:10 +0200

Hi Stefan,

thanx for the post. comments inline

..
> 1) webtestTaskdefs.properties is not included in the zip file. I
> manually copied it from cvs to WEBTEST_HOME

Yes, with the change to the new "Custom Step" support I forgot to put
this in the distribution collection. Added in latest build, i.e.
it is now contained in the build zip.

> 2) doc/samples/installTest.xml could not find webtest.jar. I've added
> <fileset dir="${webtest.home}" includes="**/plain/*.jar"/>
> in line 38

Yes. I rearranged the build such that webtest.jar is now in the lib dir
(where it obviously belongs).

> 3) doc/samples/installTest.xml gave this error:
> java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/cyberneko/html/HTMLConfiguration
>
> To solve this I downloaded the parser from
> http://www.apache.org/~andyc/neko/doc/html/ and put nekohtml.jar into
> WEBTEST_HOME/lib

Hm, this I cannot reproduce. Since neko is not used at all as long as
jtidy can be found on the classpath, there should be no such problem.
Maybe another classpath issue...

> After fixing these 3 issues I was able to run the install test.

Sorry for the trouble and thanx a lot for your effort.
Mittie