[Webtest] com.canoo.webtest.steps.request.ClickLink should call WebLink.click()

Dierk Koenig webtest@lists.canoo.com
Thu, 7 Aug 2003 15:48:40 +0200

Hi Marc,

most of the issues are for "historic" reasons. The version of httpunit we
used in the beginning didn't not have the convenient click() methods and the
state handling that is associated with it. Therefore, we needed to do it on
our own. This is obsolete now.
However, a feeling of possibly breaking backward compatibility prevented me
from updating it so far. I had in mind that also the set... steps are
affected and the JavaScript issue comes into play with these.

Any contribution on this topic is welcome.

Log4j is great, but it is more concerned with developer information, not
user information (e.g. package/class-wise enabling etc.). So we settled for
the ANT log mechanism which appeared to be more appropriate for ANT users.
For logging webtest internals, I agree that log4j would provide more
options.

cheers