[Webtest] best practice for getting past javascript form validation snags

Bill Milbratz webtest@lists.canoo.com
Fri, 8 Aug 2003 10:50:13 -0500

------=_NextPartTM-000-465874db-e3af-4bba-a2d0-1a28c51e36c2

------_=_NextPart_001_01C35DC4.C1281AB0

Hi,

I've set up webtest to go through a series of pages in a fairly complicated
process. It works great, except for javascript form validation which fails
due to the javascript version incompatiblity. (I commented out the form
validation to get past the problem)...

I could add an 'automatedTesting' flag to the request ( and use it as a
hidden field on the jsp) to signal "don't do form validation" ....I'd like
to minimize modifying the application to handle webtest's issues.

so my question is: what's the best practice to solve this problem?

thanks,

bill milbratz

------_=_NextPart_001_01C35DC4.C1281AB0

<HTML>
<HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
5.5.2653.12">
<TITLE>best practice for getting past javascript form validation =
snags</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>Hi,</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>I've set up webtest to go through a series of pages =
in a fairly complicated process. It works great, except for javascript =
form validation which fails due to the javascript version =
incompatiblity. (I commented out the form validation to get past the =
problem)...</FONT></P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>I could add an 'automatedTesting' flag to the request =
( and use it as a hidden field on the jsp) to signal &quot;don't do =
form validation&quot; ....I'd like to minimize modifying the =
application to handle webtest's issues.</FONT></P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>so my question is: what's the best practice to solve =
this problem? </FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>thanks,</FONT>
</P>