[Webtest] best practice for getting past javascript form validation snags

Aatish Arora webtest@lists.canoo.com
Mon, 11 Aug 2003 03:21:48 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Bill,

I have 2 small patches which i had posted on the list
sometimes back. One for JS alerts and the other for
confirmations. If you do want it mail me and ill send
them to u ;)

cheers!
aatish

--- Bill Milbratz <Bmilbratz@participate.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've set up webtest to go through a series of pages
> in a fairly complicated
> process. It works great, except for javascript form
> validation which fails
> due to the javascript version incompatiblity. (I
> commented out the form
> validation to get past the problem)...
>
> I could add an 'automatedTesting' flag to the
> request ( and use it as a
> hidden field on the jsp) to signal "don't do form
> validation" ....I'd like
> to minimize modifying the application to handle
> webtest's issues.
>
> so my question is: what's the best practice to solve
> this problem?
>
> thanks,
>
> bill milbratz

=====