[Webtest] Cannot locate input / select field

Saba Sundke webtest@lists.canoo.com
Thu, 21 Aug 2003 20:17:35 +0530

I'm using the following step, but WebTest is unable to Locate the input
field.
	<verifyinputfield stepid="Ensure that the subsite input box is set blank"
		name="subsite"
	value=""/>
If I use the below XPath it works
	<verifyxpath stepid="Ensure that the subsite input box is set blank"
		xpath="//input[@name='subsite']"
	text=""/>

Similarly for verifying if select option is correct if I use XPath below, it
works
		<verifyxpath stepid="Ensure that the state selectbox is at Colorodo"
           	 			xpath="//select[@name='state']//option[@selected]"
			            text="Colorado(CO)"/>
but not
      <verifyselectfield stepid="Ensure that the state selectbox is
Colorodo"
                        name="state"
                        value="CO"/>

There is no significant parser warning for the result (except summary
attribute required for table). I'm able to open the result html in XPath
Explorer. What is the issue?

- Saba