[Webtest] Canoo release number

Bhattacharya, Bireshwar webtest@lists.canoo.com
Fri, 29 Aug 2003 10:50:05 -0400

The main consideration is how different will canoo-webtest be after say 3
months or 6 months from now if we download it today.

By following the standard convention of major/minor releases, we have a
better idea. If the major version # changes after 3 months, we know that we
have to upgrade immediately. If the differences is just a few point releases
away, there may not be an immediate need to upgrade.

Siegfried actually sums it correctly.
1) Everyone uses a different build.
2) Not knowing the difference between builds. Major/Minor versions tells us
the severity of changes between builds.

Hope this helps,
-Biru

-----Original Message-----
From: siegfried.goeschl@it20one.at [mailto:siegfried.goeschl@it20one.at]
Sent: Friday, August 29, 2003 4:54 AM
To: webtest@gate.canoo.com
Subject: Re: RE: [Webtest] Canoo release number

Hi folks,

maybe we should ask the question the other way around?! What are the
disadvantages of the current release system?!

+) Everyone uses a different build of Canoo WebTest depending on the time of
the last download.

+) What has changed between two builds?!

+) What are the exact versions of the required JARs ... welcome the JAR hell
... :-)

I'm my humble opinion there is nothing wrong with the daily build but it is
not perfect either.

Cheers,

Siegfried Goeschl

PS: Did I tell you that Maven could be integrated into CruiseControl ... :-)