[Webtest] Extending Canoo

Adeel Khan webtest@lists.canoo.com
Thu, 11 Sep 2003 12:41:32 -0500

Hello All,
We are using Canoo WebTest for testing an application for one of our client. Despite the
ease of use and fast test generation, the incomplete support of javascript is causing
problems with the testing efforts. So I am looking into extending Canoo functionality by
writing some of my own classes extending the existing functionality provided by canoo.
Specifically I am looking into these issues for right now.
- Provide onClick support for the clicklink task.
- Provide onBlur support for the setinputfield task.
- Identify ways to extend support of existing Canoo code, by writing my own custom steps
like myclicklink and not changing the code in the Canoo classes as that would present a
very big maintainance problem.
If someone has already done this could you please send me some sample code or some ideas
on how to make custom steps. I know there has been talk about it in the posts but I am yet
to see a complete example of how to extend Canoo to write your own custom steps.
I would really appreciate any help on this issue. Thanks much for your time and help in
advance.
Adeel Khan