[Webtest] Session invalid: url construction failure

Ammann Kuno webtest@lists.canoo.com
Fri, 12 Sep 2003 18:18:53 +0200

Steps: i tried to open the start page of my web application and did get
an error page telling me, that my session is not valid. first we thought
that cookies support was disabled but finally ...

starting xml was:=20
<config  ... basepath=3D"lear_immo/servlet/lear.servlet.MainServlet?"
.../>
<invoke stepid=3D"Invoke the input form"
url=3D"OBC=3Dch.ubs.skp.lear.bc.Input&amp;FID=3DshowEdit"/>

the request received by my application looked like=20
http://localhost:8080/lear_immo/servlet/lear.servlet.MainServlet?/OBC=3Dc=
.ubs.skp.lear.bc.Input&FID=3DshowEdit

my application therefore throwed an exception because the expected
parameter 'OBC' was not found, log output:
HTTP Parameter: FID=3DshowEdit                =20
HTTP Parameter: /OBC=3Dch.ubs.skp.lear.bc.Input

reason: the basepath and the step url is concatinated using an '/'

so my final working xml looks like this:
<config host=3D"localhost"
 port=3D"8080"
 protocol=3D"http"
 basepath=3D"lear_immo/servlet" ...>
<invoke stepid=3D"Invoke the input form"
url=3D"lear.servlet.MainServlet?OBC=3Dch.ubs.skp.lear.bc.Input&amp;FID=3D=
showE
dit"/>=20

resulting in the expected parameters:
HTTP Parameter: FID=3DshowEdit               =20
HTTP Parameter: OBC=3Dch.ubs.skp.lear.bc.Input

.. know it's working.