[Webtest] Do cookies work? Sometimes not.

Alan Grover webtest@lists.canoo.com
Wed, 24 Sep 2003 09:52:14 -0400

webtest/httpunit (both httpunit 1.5.3 and httpunit 1.5.4) does not send
a cookie when I expected it to. The "domain" isn't interpreted the way
I expect.

For a page at URL

	http://alpha.beta.techstreet.com/cgi-bin/somePage.html

httpunit saw the set-cookie header (I turned on logging):

	Set-Cookie: my_cookie_name=XVLORFYQLQCMKJTQLXOLQKKPHFIOASMQRXZVFMDH;
domain=alpha.beta.techstreet.com

But didn't send the cookie on the next request (within the same
testSpec).

Changing the domain to: .beta.techstreet.com works.

Oddly (to me), .techstreet.com does not work (nor
.alpha.beta.techstreet.com). Browsers seem happy with most of these.

There is a note in the changelog for 1.5.4 about relaxing the cookie
matching rules, and specifically allowing a leading "." in the domain.
That didn't seem to make a difference in my case.

If I can do a little research, I'll submit a bug to httpunit.
---
Alan Grover
awgrover@mail.msen.com