[Webtest] best-practices? using xml/xsl and webtest to populate data

Siegfried Goeschl webtest@lists.canoo.com
Fri, 3 Oct 2003 19:10:14 +0200

Sorry Bill,

I have to ask a dumb question since I don't understand your mail ... :-(

+) Are you talking about using webtest to populate the database, let's says to
have a few new business case in the database?!

+) Are you talking about using a tool to setup a database prior to testing?!

In the later case you could have a look at http://www.dbunit.org/ - it's Eric
Pugh's pet tool manipulate databases since it comes with ANT and Maven
integration.

If you would like to handle XML based data there is a whole bunch of other
tools such as JAKARTA Torque or Enhydra Octopus
(http://octopus.enhydra.org/). If I remember correctly the Enhydra thingie is
quite powerful .... but as mentioned earlier I haven't worked with DBUnit or
Enhydra Octopus

Cheers,

Siegfried Goeschl