[Webtest] Reading values from an XML File

Marc Guillemot webtest@lists.canoo.com
Tue, 07 Oct 2003 10:27:48 +0200

Hi Matt,

I hope to include before end of next week some changes in the way html parser
messages are collected. This will allow to display them with more precision in
the reports (eg the url you would like to have). I post a message in this
mailing list as soon as the new version is available.

Marc.

Matt Raible wrote:
> Is it possible to print out the URLs this task is grabbing as it goes
> along?  I'd like to see what pages its grabbing, and I'm getting a
> couple HTML Tidy pages and I'd like to know what pages they're on.
> Right now, all I'm getting is:
>
> CheckLinks:
>     [canoo] Rhino classes (js.jar) not found - Javascript disabled
>     [canoo] line 1,905 column 33 - Error: <td> missing '>' for end of tag
>     [canoo] This document has errors that must be fixed before
>     [canoo] using HTML Tidy to generate a tidied up version.
>

>     [canoo] line 1,905 column 33 - Error: <td> missing '>' for end of tag
>     [canoo] This document has errors that must be fixed before
>     [canoo] using HTML Tidy to generate a tidied up version.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Matt
>
> On Monday, October 6, 2003, at 09:57 AM, Marc Guillemot wrote:
>
>> Hi Matt,
>>
>> if you just want to test urls available from a "start" page, the
>> easier is just to use verifylinks
>> (http://webtest.canoo.com/webtest/manual/syntax.html#15).
>>
>> Marc.
>>

>> Matt Raible wrote:
>>
>>> I am using struts-menu (http://sf.net/projects/struts-menu) to drive
>>> many of
>>> the URLs in my site.  Would it be possible for webtest to read from it's
>>> config file (menu-config.xml) to get URLs for testing pages?  If not,
>>> can
>>> anyone think of a way to make this happen?  Basically, I'm trying to
>>> get out
>>> of writing 100+ tests for each individual page.
>>> Thanks,
>>> Matt