[Webtest] Re: WebTest digest, Vol 1 #388 - 8 msgs

Christopher Painter-Wakefield webtest@lists.canoo.com
Tue, 7 Oct 2003 10:48:35 -0400

I don't know if webtest is sorting, or why (it would really be HttpUnit=
,
anyway, I imagine).  However, I don't think the HTML standard says anyt=
hing
about the order in which parameters are listed in the request from the
client, and in my experience it is a mistake to expect them to arrive i=
n a
particular order, at least on large POST forms.  It is better to code y=
our
form in such a way as to remove any dependency on order.

I'm wondering why you have a multiselect field with multiple identical
values, those are surely indistinguishable when you get the request?

-Christopher

Message: 7