[Webtest] Reading values from an XML File

Matt Raible webtest@lists.canoo.com
Tue, 7 Oct 2003 16:45:05 -0600

Thanks Daniel - I got this to work, but how do I actually get each=20
Menu's attributes?

I'd like to loop through each menu and get it's name and page=20
attributes.  The following gives me nothing:

   <target name=3D"displayMenus">
     <xmlproperty file=3D"${basedir}/defaultroot/WEB-INF/menu-config.xml"
       keeproot=3D"false"/>
     <echo message=3D"$Menus.Menu(name)"/>
     <echo>$Menus.Menu(path)</echo>
   </target>

Prints out:

displayMenus:
      [echo] $Menus.Menu(name)
      [echo] $Menus.Menu(path)

If I do ant -debug, I can see the properties are there - although=20
they're probably only good for the first menu found:

[xmlproperty] Menus.Menu(name):home
Setting project property: Menus.Menu(name) -> home
[xmlproperty] Menus.Menu(page):/
Setting project property: Menus.Menu(page) -> /=00

Actually, I'm sure they're only good for the first menu b/c I get the=20
following on the 2nd:

[xmlproperty] Menus.Menu(name):aboutOurTown
Override ignored for property Menus.Menu(name)=00

Thanks,

Matt