[Webtest] (newbie) IOException on PHP files (build 365)

Marc Guillemot webtest@lists.canoo.com
Fri, 10 Oct 2003 08:54:07 +0200

Hi Peter,

> I installed build 378 and you're right, the error messages were more useful:
> turns out the code was buffering page outoput using gz compression (using
> ob_start('gz_handler') ) - I turned off the compression, and webtest now
> runs.

can you mail the exception stack trace just for info.

> New question: I also get a new warning message:
>  [testSpec] log4j:WARN No appenders could be found for logger
> (com.meterware.httpunit.HttpWebResponse).
>  [testSpec] log4j:WARN Please initialize the log4j system properly.
>
> - so how do I initialise log4j?

log4j looks in the classpath for a file log4j.properties or log4j.xml to
configure itself. You can for instance use the one provided with the
distribution by adding one pathelement:

  <taskdef file="${webtest.home}/webtestTaskdefs.properties">
    <classpath>
      <fileset dir="${webtest.home}" includes="**/lib/*.jar"/>
      <pathelement path="${webtests.canoohome}/lib"/>
    </classpath>
  </taskdef>

Marc.