[Webtest] (newbie) IOException on PHP files (build 365)

Peter Cruickshank webtest@lists.canoo.com
Tue, 14 Oct 2003 11:42:05 +0100

On Friday 10 Oct 2003 7:54 am, Marc Guillemot wrote:
> Hi Peter,
>
> > I installed build 378 and you're right, the error messages were more
> > useful: turns out the code was buffering page outoput using gz
> > compression (using ob_start('gz_handler') ) - I turned off the
> > compression, and webtest now runs.
>
> can you mail the exception stack trace just for info.

I've tried changing the code back and recreating the Java error, with no luck
- so it it may have been caused by a permissions error. If it happens again,
I'll keep a record + mail it to you.

> > New question: I also get a new warning message:
> >  [testSpec] log4j:WARN No appenders could be found for logger
> > (com.meterware.httpunit.HttpWebResponse).
> >  [testSpec] log4j:WARN Please initialize the log4j system properly.
> >
> > - so how do I initialise log4j?
>
> log4j looks in the classpath for a file log4j.properties or log4j.xml to
> configure itself. You can for instance use the one provided with the
> distribution by adding one pathelement:
>
>   <taskdef file="${webtest.home}/webtestTaskdefs.properties">
>     <classpath>
>       <fileset dir="${webtest.home}" includes="**/lib/*.jar"/>
>       <pathelement path="${webtests.canoohome}/lib"/>
>     </classpath>
>   </taskdef>

For the record, this worked, using this pathelement tag:
       <pathelement path="${webtest.home}/lib"/>

Thanks for all your help

Peter