[Webtest] Out of Memory

LOPKE,MIKE (HP-Boise,ex1) webtest@lists.canoo.com
Thu, 23 Oct 2003 15:13:33 -0700

Thanks Stefan

That was a big help.  The second suggestion was the thing that finally fixed
it for me.

Regards,
Mike

-----Original Message-----
From: webtest-admin@lists.canoo.com [mailto:webtest-admin@lists.canoo.com]
On Behalf Of Stefan Ruff
Sent: Wednesday, October 22, 2003 2:03 PM
To: webtest@lists.canoo.com
Subject: Re: [Webtest] Out of Memory

Hi Mike

we had the problem on a Win2000 system.

To things to do:

First, start the VM in which the ANT is running with the -server option.
You can do this with ANT_OPTS=-server. Some older versions of ant have a
bug in the ant.bat file. I'm not sure if the 1.5.4 has this bug to. If
the script is buggy ant won't start. The you have to edit the ant.bat.
There are two lines in which the v mist startet an the parameters are
passed. %ANT_OPTS% must be the first parameter to the vm.

(see also the mailing list: date 09.10.2003)

Second: We have defined the webtest task in a separate file and included
the &taskDefinition in each single test. We changed that. So now we only
define the webtest task in the master build file. Since then we never
again hade the out of memory exception.

I hope it helps you

Stefan