[Webtest] Why are setXxxx "delayed"?

Dierk Koenig webtest@lists.canoo.com
Wed, 5 Nov 2003 16:57:51 +0100

Hi Marc,

the main issue here is locating the correct inputfield.

The current strategy does not have to deal at all with issues that
arise when more than one inputfield with the same name appears multiple
times on the page/in the same form/in multiple forms/etc.
An immediate setting would need to deal with it, forcing the tester
to give more information.

Currently we can delay the locating issue until we actually click,
having the logic in only one place.

However, I'm open to better solutions.

cheers
Mittie

P.S. As always, backward compatibility is a mandatory.