[Webtest] Repeat property expansion question

Marc Guillemot webtest@lists.canoo.com
Wed, 17 Dec 2003 14:02:38 +0100

Hi,

perhaps could we imagine changing the way an expression is evaluated.
For example if we have inside a repeat loop:

<setinputfield name="toto" value="#{test.loopValue.#{count}}"/>

we could consider that "#{test.loopValue.#{count}}" gets evaluated using
following steps:
- evaluate nested prop "#{count}" using the "count" value from the webtest
dynamic property "count". If current value is "1", we would then have
"#{test.loopValue.1}"
- if there is a webtest dynamic property with name "test.loopValue.1" then take it
- else try to evaluate it using ant's project properties.

Not sure that my explaination is understandable, but it seems to me that it
would be possible to greatly enhance the webtest dynamic properties without
breaking existing behaviour.

Marc.