[Webtest] WebTest and CruiseControl

webtest@lists.canoo.com webtest@lists.canoo.com
Thu, 08 Apr 2004 00:12:39 +0000

Hello everyone,
We're running our WebTests with after every check in using CruiseControl.  It works well except that sometimes when there's a failure, it's hard to know what went wrong.  CruiseControl sends an email with the error output from WebTest, but that doesn't always help, and we have to look at the actual html result files to see the real error.  For example, today the build server ran out of memory, CruiseControl (and WebTest) just reported a server error 500, and I had to look at the last html result page to see the out of memory error.

Also, I'm wondering if we should really run these tests after every build, or would it be best to do it only on the nightly build, since they aren't that fast.  The programmers like the safety net of running them every build, particularly as we don't have many unit tests yet.

Does anyone using CruiseControl have any helpful hints for us?

thanks,
Lisa