FW: FW: [Webtest] other web testing tools

Jeannie Graham webtest@lists.canoo.com
Thu, 8 Apr 2004 15:18:25 -0700

Thanks Lisa (comrade in arms - hee, hee, hee)!   Yes, I will let you know
what happens.  Thanks so much for all your support.

Oh, and by-the-way, everyone here calls it "Canoo" too - all the managers
and developers.   And they even hired me to write "Canoo" scripts - that is
how it is written in my job description.   But I DON'T think I will correct
them tomorrow in the audit (hee, hee, hee).

-----Original Message-----
From: lisa.crispin@att.net [mailto:lisa.crispin@att.net]
Sent: Thursday, April 08, 2004 2:52 PM
To: Jeannie Graham
Subject: Re: FW: [Webtest] other web testing tools

Hi Jeannie,
Oh, that IS good!  Yay!  I'm bummed that you might not be using Canoo in the
future, I'll miss you on the mailing list.  I felt like we had struggles in
common.

It's possible we may decide later that Canoo (or, sorry, WebTest) isn't for
us, but we just now got it integrated into CruiseControl, and the programmer
who did that likes Canoo, so I'm able to get more help with it here.  I
think the apps we are testing are a lot simpler than yours.

If you decide to give WebART a whirl, let me know, maybe I still remember
some of it!  I haven't used it in 2 years but I used it for 4 years before
that.  And I just got a new license for it (the developer is a buddy of
mine) so I'll probably install it and see what's new.  I really liked it
because  it lets you write modular, data-driven, self-verifying tests.  I
think now it even lets you define the tests in JUnit syntax, but I'm not
sure, I know there was a version of it that did that but I don't know if he
released it.

And if you try that Enterprise Web Test (see, WebTest is just too generic a
name), please let me know how it goes.

Good luck!
-- Lisa