FW: [Webtest] other web testing tools

Jeannie Graham webtest@lists.canoo.com
Tue, 13 Apr 2004 09:22:25 -0700

Hello Lisa, and anyone else who is interested,

I checked out WebArt and they don't have an IF statement either...they do
have a Switch statement which would have worked for me, so I delved deeper.
We have huge test cases (property files) that need to be loaded and WebArt's
handling of that wasn't as good as Canoo's.  They had one call where you put
the column of the value in as a parameter...with 126 columns of data that
was just too cumbersome, so the way Canoo lets you call the data value as a
name from a file works so much better.

And the first Summary page of Enterprise said that you needed to be a Java
programmer, so I didn't delve any further on that one.

And the audit went better than I suspected.  They didn't fire me...they
realized it was technical difficulties and wasn't my fault.   And they told
me to continue my work with Canoo (even though I told them that I would have
over 70 scripts to call, which logistically, is a managerial nightmare), but
to look into some more tools.

So, the Canoo (oops, sorry, webtest) saga continues...

-----Original Message-----
From: Jeannie Graham [mailto:Jgraham@arrowheadgrp.com]
Sent: Thursday, April 08, 2004 3:18 PM
To: 'webtest@lists.canoo.com'
Subject: FW: FW: [Webtest] other web testing tools

Thanks Lisa (comrade in arms - hee, hee, hee)!   Yes, I will let you know
what happens.  Thanks so much for all your support.

Oh, and by-the-way, everyone here calls it "Canoo" too - all the managers
and developers.   And they even hired me to write "Canoo" scripts - that is
how it is written in my job description.   But I DON'T think I will correct
them tomorrow in the audit (hee, hee, hee).