[Webtest] problem with frame

webtest@lists.canoo.com webtest@lists.canoo.com
Mon, 19 Apr 2004 17:18:58 +0200

Hi,
I am a french student doing a training course and I must set up automatic tests
on a web application with Web Test (Canoo).
This application contains much javascript and jsp and the most of HTML pages
comprise several frames.

I am in trouble because I don't manage to use the test step called "clickbutton"
certainly because of the frames and jsp.

My test step is :
----------------
<clickbutton stepid="click bouton pour page d'acceuil"
                    label="Envoi"
                    name="pbValidation"
/>

In the previous "invoke" step, I ask the main page of the frames (login.htm).
The button declaration is in a jsp frame :
<INPUT type="submit" name="pbValidation" value="Envoi" tabindex="5">

The error message is :
=> Test step clickbutton named "click bouton pour page d'acceuil"
      failed with message "Button with name <pbValidation> and value <Envoi> not
found!"

I hope somebody will be able to help me...
Lezoul