[Webtest] WebTest and CruiseControl

webtest@lists.canoo.com webtest@lists.canoo.com
Tue, 20 Apr 2004 17:25:59 +0000

Sorry to not get back with this info sooner.  I had to get the information from my coworker who did this integration.  Here are his notes.  They are kind of sketchy, but I hope that for someone who knows ant, CruiseControl and Java, they will be a step in the right direction.  If you need more detailed info, please ask, I will try to get it.

Steps to integrate Canoo WebTest with CruiseControl
1.  Deploy a build to a web server
2.  Change the ant build to invoke Canoo WebTest
3.  Merge the WebTest log files into CruiseControl
4.  Set the artifacts publisher in CruiseControl to the WebTest logs directory
5.  Do the XSLT conversion of the WebTest result file
6.  For results - create CruiseControl XML/XSLT in the reporting/JSP/XSL directory - this file tells CruiseControl how to parse the WebTest log file
7.  Add into BuildResults.jsp
8.  Modify HTMLEmailPublisher.java - add the above XSLT file
9.  Recompile CruiseControl.

The end result is that the CruiseControl build kicks off the WebTests, formats the results file into HTML, and sends an email with the results of the tests and a link to the artifacts.

I know this is kind of hazy, it doesn't help for the information to go thru me!
-- Lisa