[Webtest] Re: Cannot get clickbutton to work on submit input type button

Christopher Painter-Wakefield webtest@lists.canoo.com
Thu, 22 Apr 2004 11:09:53 -0400

I think you want
      label="update"
instead of
      name="update"
in your clickbutton step.

-Christopher

Message: 5
Date: Mon, 19 Apr 2004 17:13:14 -0700
From: "Alan Chan" <alan@planitax.com>
To: <webtest@lists.canoo.com>
Subject: [Webtest] Cannot get clickbutton to work on submit input type
button

------_=_NextPart_001_01C4266C.4635F436

Hi Everyone,
=20
I have build 441 and I'm having problems getting clickbutton to work on
a submit input type button.  Any ideas on how to get it to work?
=20
The HTML source is:
=20
<form name=3D"systemSettings"
action=3D"index.cfm?event=3DsystemSettings:submit" method=3D"post">
                                    System Settings
                                   =20
nowrap=3D"true">
                                    <input type=3D"submit" =
value=3D"update"
class=3D"btnRegular">
=20
The clickbutton step is:
=20
<clickbutton
                        stepid=3D"Click on the update button"
                        name=3D"update" />
=20
Error message is:
Test step clickbutton named "Click on the update button" failed with
message "Button with name <update> and value <<not specified>> not
found!"