[Webtest] storeregex - how does the store part work?

webtest@lists.canoo.com webtest@lists.canoo.com
Thu, 29 Apr 2004 00:53:11 +0000

I need to extract a userid out of my html so I can then click on the right link for the user I want (I don't know the userid in advance, only the username).  I got the regex to work ok, at least it says it passes, but it stores the whole HTML page, not just the part I want.  What did I do wrong?  I'm sure something really dumb.  I'm trying to store 5 digits that come after 'userId='.  I'm not very good with regex or with WebTest, it's a deadly combo.

	<storeregex stepid="get userid of user to delete"
		text=".*Username:.*TestCSRApr28b.*func=deleteAccount&amp;userId=(\d&#123;5&#125;)&quot;.*"
		property="deleteUserid"
		/>

	<clicklink stepid="go to delete for that user"
		label="deleteAccount&amp;userid=#{deleteUserid}" />

Another question is, could I use a property for the value of the username in the storegex text itself?  Instead of hardcoding 'TestCSRApr28b' can I use something like ${username}?
Thank you,
Lisa