[Webtest] build from scratch problem

ilfrin webtest@lists.canoo.com
Fri, 7 May 2004 18:37:34 +0200

Hi,

  I just checked out a fresh CVS version of webtest

  i'm trying to set up my environment so I'll be able to implement new
  steps do webtest ... unfortunately i'm experiencing problem building
  the whole thing .. i'm using eclipse, i added the junit and clover
  jars to ant classpath and now i'm stuck

  the "deploy" task works fine but the "full" task breaks down like
  this:

suite:
sampleUse:
 [testSpec] WARN (JTidyHTMLParser.java:96) - Cannot read /jtidy.properties from classpath, using defaults
 [testSpec] ERROR (Step.java:333) - Cannot handle unexpected exception in step InvokePage at C:\tools\eclipse\workspace\webtest\selftests\tests\sampleUse.xml:15:  with (password="some password", save="main_page_", stepId="main page", username="some user", url="formTest", stepType="invoke")
 [testSpec] java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused: connect
 [testSpec] at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.socketConnect(Native Method)
 [testSpec] at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.doConnect(PlainSocketImpl.java:305)

 another problem is the 'ant -buildfile installTest.xml'
 it generates a problem like this:

checkANT:

mayPrintANTError:

checkWebTest:
     [echo] base dir is C:\tools\eclipse\workspace\webtest\doc\samples
 [testSpec]  WARN (JTidyHTMLParser.java:96) - Cannot read /jtidy.properties from
 classpath, using defaults
 [testSpec]  WARN (JTidyHTMLParser.java:96) - Cannot read /jtidy.properties from
 classpath, using defaults
 [testSpec] ERROR (Step.java:333) - Cannot handle unexpected exception in step I
nvokePage at C:\tools\eclipse\workspace\webtest\doc\samples\installTest.xml:23:
 with (stepId="get local file", url="/samples/testfile.html", stepType="invoke")

 [testSpec] java.lang.NullPointerException
 [testSpec]     at com.canoo.webtest.engine.Context.setLastResponseForStep(Context.java:119)
 [testSpec]     at com.canoo.webtest.steps.request.Target.protectedGoto(Target.java:119)

 I hanged the protocol to http, gave him the localhost:8080 with this
 page he's looking for but it's no use ..

 any bright ideas?

 --

 ilfrin                          mailto:ilfrin@poczta.onet.pl