[Webtest] test results reporting via XSLT stylesheets

Lisa Crispin webtest@lists.canoo.com
Wed, 26 May 2004 22:59:51 +0000

I was one of the people asking, but in the end, someone here did it and it looked pretty easy.  But maybe there's more to it than I know. My coworker has left for the day or I would ask. In our build.xml file we have the following ant target, which I invoke every time I run a test (or tests). It creates the formatted result file in the same directory as the results.

    <target name="format-canoo-results" description="Formats the Canoo Results file into an Html Page">
        <xslt in="${resultsPath}/result.xml" out="${resultsPath}/formattedCanooResults.html"
            style="${webtesthome}/doc/samples/reportFromSummary.xsl"/>
    </target>

My coworker also did magic to tell CruiseControl how to parse the result file and put the results into the CruiseControl results email.  If you use CruiseControl I can post the info on that.