[Webtest] Someone really uses form locators?

Marc Guillemot webtest@lists.canoo.com
Tue, 06 Jul 2004 17:40:59 +0200

Hi,

does someone use form locators (the nested <form> in a <clickbutton>)?

I'm performing some cleanup/refactoring, and I would like to remove the "buffering feature" of form parameters. This
implies that form locators can't be nested in <clickbutton> anymore. It seems that the self tests don't contain any
tests that really need these form locators as the test keep running on my computer after my changes.

So, the question again: does someone use form locators? If so, I'd like to become some short tests (an html page with
the associated test) to add it to the selftests. Else... I think that I can remove it totally.

Why these changes?
Currently a <setinputfield>, for instance, doesn't really set the value of the specified input field, but stores it in a
temporary map. The value is really setted on the form first when a <clickbutton> is executed. This has drawbacks. First,
if the field doesn't exist, then the error first comes with the <clickbutton>. Second, javascript actions that should
get executed between the <setinputfield> and the <clickbutton> don't "see" the setted value.
I want to change this to a "normal" behavior. That is when <setinputfield> is called, then the value of the specified
field get setted.

Marc.