[Webtest] Someone really attribute value of setcheckbox?

Dierk Koenig webtest@lists.canoo.com
Wed, 7 Jul 2004 16:36:44 +0200

> I agree to the abstract view. The problem with webtest is that
> the API is to big (too much public methods, the internal
> should be better hidden) and that this API is poorly documented.

The steps (that make up the real public user API) are pretty
well documented.
The internals have almost no documentation beside the package.html.
So far it has been enough for my proposes and was at least not
misleading.
Anyway, the source code is open for any improvement of the documentation.

> Back to the reality, as long as we are using httpunit, we can go
> following way:
> - add "direct" setXXX steps as new steps
> - provide these new steps as the standard ones in the task definition file
> - provide an alternative task definition files with the old steps
> as well as the new ones under different names (for
> instance setXXXNew), what would allow to use both simultaneously
> and progressively migrate
> - mark old steps as deprecated and generate messages to alert the user
>
> This would allow new users to use directly the new steps and
> current users would have time to migrate.

perfect.

cheers
Mittie