[Webtest] Someone really attribute value of setcheckbox?

Marc Guillemot webtest@lists.canoo.com
Wed, 07 Jul 2004 16:43:27 +0200

>>I agree to the abstract view. The problem with webtest is that
>>the API is to big (too much public methods, the internal
>>should be better hidden) and that this API is poorly documented.
>

> The steps (that make up the real public user API) are pretty
> well documented.
> The internals have almost no documentation beside the package.html.
> So far it has been enough for my proposes and was at least not
> misleading.
> Anyway, the source code is open for any improvement of the documentation.

Ups, for me API was only the java API as I don't consider writing test scripts as "programming" (NB: I don't say that
one is better as the other, these are 2 disctinct activities). I fully agree that the changes for the users of the tasks
have to be invisible or, when not possible, minimal. For those who have written own steps, changes may be more important
but as they were able to write steps, I guess that they will be able to adapt them if needed.

Marc.