[Webtest] testing https site

Lisa Crispin webtest@lists.canoo.com
Fri, 09 Jul 2004 21:09:09 +0000

Hello,
I'm trying to run my tests against one of our sites which is https, on port 443.  I changed the port number in my config, and left the protocol as http since the doc says only http and file are supported.  I have jdk 1.4.2 so JSSE should not be an issue.  I get the error below.  Nothing at all is written to the result directory.  It takes a really long time for the error to come back.

One thing is this server doesn't have a valid certificate.  If I invoke it in a browser, I get a popup window about the certificate.  Could this be what is causing my test to fail?  If not, what else might it be?

Thanks,
Lisa

main:
 [testSpec] ERROR (Step.java:333) - Cannot handle unexpected exception in step I
nvokePage at file:c:/canoo/SmokeTest/gold.xml:29:  with (stepId="Go to main page
", url="control.jsp?fid=2", stepType="invoke")
 [testSpec] java.io.IOException
 [testSpec]     at sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection.getInputStream(Ht
tpURLConnection.java:591)
 [testSpec]     at java.net.HttpURLConnection.getResponseCode(HttpURLConnection.