[Webtest] testing https site

Dierk Koenig webtest@lists.canoo.com
Fri, 9 Jul 2004 23:39:50 +0200

Hi Lisa,

have a look into the https usage description in webtests doc folder.
It may not be in the doc.zip but at least it can be obtained from the cvs.

You need to set https as protocol.
You need to set some other properties like the "connectionInitializer"
class.
It seems you are going for plain https without client-side certificates, so
SunJsseBaseConnectionInitializer would be the one to go for.
In any case you need a proper server certificate such that webtest can
verify the connection. Most often this certificate can be exported from
your browser (after having connected to the server through that browser
and having accepted the server certificate).

https is always tricky...
cheers

From: webtest-admin@lists.canoo.com
[mailto:webtest-admin@lists.canoo.com]On Behalf Of Lisa Crispin
Sent: Freitag, 9. Juli 2004 23:09
To: webtest@lists.canoo.com
Subject: [Webtest] testing https site

Hello,
I'm trying to run my tests against one of our sites which is https, on port
443.  I changed the port number in my config, and left the protocol as http
since the doc says only http and file are supported.  I have jdk 1.4.2 so
JSSE should not be an issue.  I get the error below.  Nothing at all is
written to the result directory.  It takes a really long time for the error
to come back.

One thing is this server doesn't have a valid certificate.  If I invoke it
in a browser, I get a popup window about the certificate.  Could this be
what is causing my test to fail?  If not, what else might it be?

Thanks,
Lisa

main:
 [testSpec] ERROR (Step.java:333) - Cannot handle unexpected exception in
step I
nvokePage at file:c:/canoo/SmokeTest/gold.xml:29:  with (stepId="Go to main
page
", url="control.jsp?fid=2", stepType="invoke")
 [testSpec] java.io.IOException
 [testSpec]     at
sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection.getInputStream(Ht
tpURLConnection.java:591)
 [testSpec]     at
java.net.HttpURLConnection.getResponseCode(HttpURLConnection.
java:272)
 [testSpec]     at
com.meterware.httpunit.HttpWebResponse.readResponseHeader(Htt
pWebResponse.java:159)
 [testSpec]     at
com.meterware.httpunit.HttpWebResponse.readHeaders(HttpWebRes
ponse.java:197)
etc. etc (do you need the rest?)