[Webtest] New version of setXXX steps

Marc Guillemot webtest@lists.canoo.com
Fri, 16 Jul 2004 13:52:47 +0200

Hi,

I've committed the new version of the setXXX steps. The main visible difference with the old ones is that they directly
work on the forms without buffering what allows for instance JavaScript code to see the changes.

To facilitate migration the move will be done progressively. Currently I've prefixed these task with "new_" what first
allows to continue using the old ones while starting working with the new ones. In a second time they will become the
standard version and the old ones will be prefixed with "old_" before beeing totally removed in a few weeks.

As the old setXXX steps will be removed in a future build, I encourage testing the new ones or even already changing the
mapping in WEBTEST_HOME/webtestTaskdefs.properties to directly work with the new steps.

The new test steps are:

new_setinputfield: sets a text input field (text, password and textarea)
new_setcheckbox: checks/unchecks a checkbox
new_setselectfield: select one or many options
new_setradiobutton: check a radio button
new_selectform: select the current form for further new_setXXX steps

more details in the documentation at
http://webtest.canoo.com/webtest/manual/syntax.html#new_setinputfield

If I've forgotten something, just post on the mailing list.

Marc.