[Webtest] Re: New version of setXXX steps

john smith webtest@lists.canoo.com
Tue, 20 Jul 2004 09:18:54 -0500

Marc,

Should the webtestTaskdefs.properties be updated as well?

excerpt from webtestTaskdefs.properites:
setinputfield=com.canoo.webtest.steps.SetInputField

setselectfield=com.canoo.webtest.steps.SetSelectField

setcheckbox=com.canoo.webtest.steps.SetCheckbox

"Marc Guillemot" <mguillemot@yahoo.fr> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I've committed the new version of the setXXX steps. The main visible
difference with the old ones is that they directly
> work on the forms without buffering what allows for instance JavaScript
code to see the changes.

> To facilitate migration the move will be done progressively. Currently
I've prefixed these task with "new_" what first
> allows to continue using the old ones while starting working with the new
ones. In a second time they will become the
> standard version and the old ones will be prefixed with "old_" before
beeing totally removed in a few weeks.

> As the old setXXX steps will be removed in a future build, I encourage
testing the new ones or even already changing the